This one-of-a-kind activity teaches aspiring architects and interior designers about drawing, design and architecture while they create their own 3-D home model. Kids learn real drafting skills as they build 3-D designs from the ground up.
This introduction to architecture sparks the imagination as kids use real architectural tools like a drafting triangle, compass and more to design, furnish and decorate floor plans using the detailed guidebook, static-cling doors and windows, furniture templates, drafting paper, 18” x 24” acrylic work surface, art supplies and more.
Age Recommendation: Ages 8 and up.
- Develops fine motor skills and self-confidence
- Teaches creative design and professional drawing techniques
- Strengthens geometry skills, engages the imagination and encourages an interest in architecture
- This kit is complete with everything you need to conceptualize, design and build a 3-D home model
- Floor Plan Grid
- Base Boards (2), Walls (36)
- Tracing Paper (10 Sheets), Patterned Paper (4)
- Floor Plan Tracing Sheets (5)
- Wall Cling Sheets (3)
- Dry Erase Marker
- Drafting Pencil
- Colored Pencils (8)
- Eraser, T-Ruler, Drafting Triangle with Protractor, Compass
- Glue Dots and Glue Stick