In preschool, children are interacting with each other, and their world is expanding beyond the family. Unstructured, imaginative play encourages them to imitate what they see their parents and teachers doing, which, in turn, develops communication and an understanding of social and emotional cues and reactions. They also love messy exploration, so art supplies and sensory materials are perfect for these ages.
Preschoolers thrive with simple toys because their own blossoming imaginations fill in the gaps. We have plenty of toys to keep a preschooler’s imagination busy, and our play experts are happy to guide you to the perfect toy for any interest.
Look for toys like…
- Wooden blocks or Duplo Legos
- Trucks, dolls, doctor kits, and other imaginative ways to imitate adults
- Costumes and dress-up
- Puzzles to encourage fine-motor skills and problem solving
- Board games with learning elements like counting, matching, colors, or fine motor movements
- Art supplies and creative projects
- Musical instruments
- Kitchen and play food sets
- Lacing cards
- Sensory materials like kinetic sand, Floof, or Slo Flo
- Scooters, bikes or Big Wheels
Books for your Preschooler
Reading to preschoolers lays the groundwork for their learning to read. At these ages, children’s brains are a sponge for vocabulary and creativity! We carry a great selection of delightful and engaging books to read with preschoolers, including rhyming, silly, classic, and inspirational stories.